Skip to main content

Artificial Green

I think I have had too much of this superficial world at times.

The latest antique that I couldn't resist having a dig at is this "Wearing Green Campaign".

So we are supposed to wear green for two days and in doing so, campaigning for the climate change crisis.

Erm.. how exactly do you do that?

I can understand that it is going to be cool to see this sea of green tshirts on the street. And I have no issue with that.

But the earth? The earth gains nothing from this campaign.
Well.. if everyone who commit to wear green this weekend will also
1. change all his house's bulbs to energy efficient bulbs.
2. change his electric appliances to energy efficient ones.
3. reduce his use of air-con by 50%
4. take public transport 5 days a week, whether he has his own car or not.
5. live a 'green lifestyle' in general..

Then yeah.. it works, it helps.

So just.. stop.. telling everyone that we contribute to the better earth by wearing green for two days. That by doing this, we are making the statement that we care.
We do not and we are not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha koq gw merasa so NEA yach hahaha...
phoenix chix said…
haha opss iya ya? =P

Well, I think NEA would actually support this greeny thingy seh ^^
Anonymous said…
i mean yang no 1-5 hehehe.. ;p
phoenix chix said…
ow ow.. hahah.. this is more like the effect of watching "Inconvenient Truth" daripada NEA seh =P

But I suppose NEA play a part to awaken semangat environmentalist ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-