Skip to main content

On Inception

Oh gosh.. I think I just can't afford not to have a go at this movie haha.

Well.. have to admit that when I look at the 5 level guide sent by sista, I was kind of like.. "Wow... cool juga yah".

But still.. first impression matters.
And I still stand by my personal, very personal, opinion that..
The movie is not THAT good. It's good.. better than Green Zone kind of movie..
But to me.. Inception is..

"the process of reinventing "Shutter Island" by adding in the element of Hollywood special effect (a good one indeed), mixing it with the usual summer blockbuster recipe (lots of action and little chance to ponder), and making it complicated with more layering".

That's all.

The concept of inception itself.. is not that amazing. I don't think you really need to enter someone's dream and go into all those troubles just to plant an idea into someone's mind.
Adam Khoo did it without so much hassle.

I felt it was like some of those rides you find in Disney Land or Universal Studio. So much of decoration outside while in essence.. it's just one simple ride.

In more positive note.. the characters in Inception are really enjoyable, definitely more interesting than Shutter Island.
Good casts. Leo diCaprio has really become one of the actors whose movies I wouldn't want to miss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-