Skip to main content

Grow

Last week was winkazo's housewarming.
I kinda expect some friends but I did not expect the house to be packed hah.
but isn't it great for housewarming?

And of course, it was full of happy noises too. toddlers were in full force.
the new born, the walking ones, and then there was Farrell too, who was like the big brother among the rest.
He just quietly and intelligently watched the TV. I guess he thought, "why the hell are all these kids so immature? can't they just sit still and enjoy the show?"

At that age, kids grow at exponential pace. Every new trick they learn is a great accomplishment.
And you could really tell which are the more senior kids. By their height, size, speech ability, level of understanding, walking ability, etc.

And even though we have no idea how these kids learn to talk.. it just happens.
I still don't understand how my toddler cousin could speak in Mandarin, Hokkian, English and Indo interchangeably.
Most kids would instinctively attempt talking (even when it was just gibberish) and walking (even before their legs could actually handle the job).

I don't really learn child psychology so seriously.. I hv no idea.

But the point is..  many of us would come to a point when we become adults.
Yes.. way past the ABG period.
There is this period where.. if you put together a 28 yo, 29 yo, 30 yo, and 31 yo.. you would have much harder time telling whether one is older than the other.

You would probably try to converse with them and find out who is the more mature ones.
But of course, the 28 yo could well be more mature than the 31 yo.
And the 29 yo could well be much more knowledgeable than the 30 yo.

The time will come when growth, personal growth that is, would become something that we need to intentionally commit to in order for it to happen.
We could easily cruise from being a 28 yo to 33 yo without really growing.

Of course.. there could be external factor that cause us to grow.
That factor is called 'trial'. It's God's grace then.. that He permits various trials to exist in our lives.
For through trials.. we grow wiser and stronger.

But trials are not here every day. Neither do we wish for that.
So eventually I realise that we still need to fiercely commit to personal growth.
I will be first to admit that I am someone who enjoy slow pace. (except when I'm eating)
So I need reminding each day, each week.. to invest on personal growth.


More than anything... so that I would discover every bit of potential that He packed in me when He made me. so that I would have exhausted myself for good when my time is up one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-