Skip to main content

Never that easy (and therefore just be courageous)



Probably.. in all these years of listening to Chinese songs..
This song is one of the most brilliant love (if you may call it so) songs ever written.
To me at least.

And the singer.. is one of those singers whose voice I fell in love with at first hearing (thank you 93.3)

I don't own the below translation. All credit goes to this blogger:
http://derangedsheep08.blogspot.sg/2012/07/meiyou-name-jiandan-its-not-that-simple.html
for the fabulous translation

作詞:姚若龍
作曲:蕭煌奇


沒那麼簡單 就能找到 聊得來的伴
It's not that simple to find someone to converse with
尤其是在 看過了那麼多的背叛
Especially when you've seen so much betrayal
總是不安 只好強悍
(There is) always unrest, without another option, (one must be) brave
誰謀殺了我的浪漫
Who killed my romance?

沒那麼簡單 就能去愛 別的全不看
It's not that simple, to be able to love, without looking
變得實際 也許好也許壞各一半
Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, maybe 50-50
不愛孤單 一久也習慣
(Even if you) don't like loneliness, after a while you'll get used to it
不用擔心誰 也不用被誰管
(You) don't have to worry about anyone, or have anyone else worry about you

感覺快樂就忙東忙西
(If I) am happy, (I'll) be active
感覺累了就放空自己
(If I) feel tired, I'll just let go of myself
別人說的話 隨便聽一聽 自己作決定
(I will) casually listen to other people's words, (but) make my own decisions
不想擁有太多情緒
(I) don't want to be too emotional
一杯紅酒配電影
One cup of red wine to accompany the movie
在周末晚上 關上了手機 舒服窩在沙發裡
On weekend nights, I turn off (my) cell phone and nestle comfortably on the sofa

相愛沒有那麼容易 每個人有他的脾氣
Mutual love is not that easy, each person has his or her own personality
過了愛作夢的年紀 轟轟烈烈不如平靜
(I've) passed the age where (one) dreams of love, it is better to have peace than to cry
幸福沒有那麼容易 才會特別讓人著迷
Happiness is not that easy, (it) can only captivate people
什麼都不懂的年紀
At the age where you don't know anything,
曾經最掏心 所以最開心 曾經
(It) was the most moving and therefore the most happiest.

想念最傷心 但卻最動心 的記憶 
(I) miss the saddest but most moving memories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-