Skip to main content

tinder x kinder

tried to download tinder recently.
been hearing a lot about this app from friends.

a friend got to know a guy from this app and they got on quite well.
and another friend.. now this one is weirrd -__-"
his brother one day suddenly sent him a girl's phone number and asked him to chat up the girl.
a total stranger.
turns out that  this older brother went on tinder to look for a girl for his single younger brother.
this is matchmaking in 2015.

it was quite fun initially to swipe left and right.
and occasionally you spot your own friends heh.
but after a while it just feels pointless to me.

or rather.. there is not much feeling to it.
it feels like job application to me. except the 'No One Night Stand' warning.
which is always amusing :D

tinder is one of the things that highlight the irony of today's generation.
this generation which uphold 'do not judge' philosophy is also the very generation which judge too quickly, too superficially.
not that its their/our fault. we grow up this way.

i hope we can all learn to be kinder.
i made it one of the main things to learn this year personally.
well..  i realise i have not become kinder so far.
but i have come to realise how unkind i have been.

that is probably a small progress too.

the greatest test of our character is not when we are at the valley deep.
it is when we are on the mountain top. when stars seem to be aligned just for us.
that is when our virtue (or lack of it) becomes apparent.

in bahasa indonesia we have this phrase: roda kehidupan (wheel of life literally).
it's our way of saying that in life.. you are sometimes on top and other time, inevitably, at the bottom.
one time you are the star of the show, another you are the joke of the party.

humility and kindness.. they go a long way.
they don't necessarily make you richer or more successful in any tangible way.
but they probably make you more beautiful and joyful at the end of the day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-