Skip to main content

death of dream

i still love to write.
i simply write less nowadays.

I was reading Gereja Mawar Sharon's devotional just now.
this week's topic is on Joseph and Moses.
on how God worked through series of unfortunate events in their lives.
how they eventually became part of God's redemptive act for their people.

well.. not only were they part. they played major roles.
but both began their adventure in similar manner.
the first few chapters of their heroic journey had similar themes.
disappointments, betrayals, desert.

both had great dreams. both had their dreams 'killed' even before they get started.
both were betrayed by their own people.
both had to endure humbling years of mediocrity away from the spotlight.

i thought it was interesting that great God-given dreams began with the most unlikely script.
they began with tragedies. this is the same pattern that we learn to use in writing heroic tales.
maybe that is simply how God does things.
maybe those are necessity for both Joseph and Moses to learn to be fully surrendered to God.

Joseph saw his beacons of hope crushed one by one..
From his father to Potiphar to the prison head to the cup bearer.
in the end, he learned that he had no one but God to count on.

and how beautiful it was that both men, as their end drew near,
did not reflect on all the great things they accomplished in their lives.
Joseph wanted his bones to be brought out of Egypt- the very place where he earned his fame.
Moses simply wanted to have a glimpse of the promised land.

they realised that in the whole picture, it was never about them.
in fact, even when they were at the peak of their lives, adored and honored by men..
their eyes were always fixated on someone, somewhere.. beyond themselves.

they, by faith, looked forward to their home, the promised land.
they, who saved and redeemed their people, had their eyes of faith on the Savior who was to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-