Skip to main content

Drama Drama

While Koreans are specializing in telling the story of two lovers who brave the storm and sickness and death in order to be together, Singaporeans are specializing in telling the story of the two lovers after they got together (got married properly -> the contract marriage doesn't count).

Channel 8's drama is mostly about the conflict within family and marriage. Yesterday's episode was particularly good. I could almost relate totally to everything that happened. The usual commotion during funeral, the so-called affair. It's funny really when you watch a drama and you thought "hey.. that's so real, that's so much like something that happen to X or Y". Ya.. Singapore drama are never good enough to fantasize about some tragic romantic story but they are really good at being realistic.

Oh before I continue, that chick Melissa does look prettier and prettier (especially when she is angry ^^ ). I guess it was her over-the-top aggresiveness that turned me off earlier on.

Anyway, so this guy has a wife who earns more than he does, who is a CEO and basically, commanding and work oriented. He is a middle-aged man who only try to be happy and enjoy life. He finds a very friendly colleague who is pretty and teach Yoga. They got along well and of course, the idea of learning Yoga has to come and man being man.. he wants the lesson to be conducted at her home. You can guess the rest.

The thing is.. if you haven't watched the drama, you would have guessed wrongly. No, he didn't do anything to her physically. Some flirting, some awkward moment but overall, both managed to control their feeling.

Poor thing is.. the wife manages to find out about this yoga private lesson. She doesn't know the detail so she assumes what you assumed. She slaps the poor colleague, she throws tantrum at the husband's father funeral, she picks a fight, she locks herself inside the bedroom, she asks for explanation yet she refuses to listen (typical).

And without she realizing, she has just practiced the most effective way to drive her husband out of her life (and send him to another woman).

Been there, seen that.

It will be too easy to point out that the husband was wrong for all his flirting but I can tell you that the wife had her share of blame. The first step to reunite, though, is to stop blaming and start accepting.

Marriage.. As much as I.. ehm.. want it, it strikes fear into my heart.

**side notes

So the lady boss from KK Hospital has emailed me with some good news today. There are few jobs I really want but they don't come to me, KK come instead. Ah.. it feels familiar, the situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-