Skip to main content

Good day!!

I don't understand why but I was so spirited this morning. I woke up earlier than usual (though I decided to continue laying on the bed till 8.30).. I did not have to drag myself to work. I just felt good. Don't tell me I will meet someone special today =D

I did beat Chelsea 4-2 in my Football Manager '06 game last night and felt SUPER afterwards. But that couldn't be the reason right?

Oh but what a game! What a pulsating match! I was up against Ibrahimovich and Torres and had to endure Chelsea's barrage. My Trabelsi kept Robben quiet all night and Kompany was making last ditch tackles and Sebastian Frey was heroic. Oh.. anyway.. it's just a game, too bad.

It's funny how the game describes our addictiveness level. Previously I only got that "remember to wash your underwear" level at best. But this time.. I have twice or thrice left the game on as I slept.. I have risen to a brand new level of addictiveness. Now its "remember to call your work for more sick leave". Heh..

The Football Manager 2007 will be released this weekend. I was reading the game's blog and many people gave comments that make me wonder.. One claimed that he failed his subjects last year because of this game. Some called this game their 'heroin'. Game addicts, something you never have one century ago.

Talking about addictiveness.. I think game is really one of the most overlooked addictive stuff. I used to underestimate its power. Playing can be addictive. Game can be destructive.

It reminds me of Paul's advice. Don't be mastered by anything. Maintain your self control in every single thing. It's really hard. It's really really hard. Every person has something that he/she like very much. I admire Paul for he claimed that he has trained himself such that he would focus his attention entirely on God.

And I admire Timothy for he was young and yet.. he maintained an excellent standard of living. He restrained himself from all the worldly pleasure, knowing that he could have enjoyed some of them. He chose not to. He did it for the sake of every single lamb that God has entrusted him with.

We read in the bible.. how the apostles' shadow and handkerchief carried God's power such that people were healed thru those things. We were in awe. We want to be used that mightily. But we forgot something. We forgot that they had paid the price. In order to be used by God in full capacity.. the only way is to empty ourselves. And empty means empty. Still a long way to go for me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-