Skip to main content

Friday Morning

I was SHOCKED when I woke up and reached out for my mobile, it said "9:49"!! I often overslept but 9.49 gotta be a record. Anyway, I chop chop did my morning ritual and rushed down for cab. As I walked out of my apartment I was telling God "You know, I was not being lazy and never wanted to be this late today God.. So , I guess you may have some plan in store for this."

The moment I reached the road, a Comfort cab came and I jumped in.

"Morning" he said.. Ah.. english speaking driver.

He casually tried to converse with me, talking about the heavy rain that has been so regular lately, about his working hours, and then.. his son.

Apparently, he worked hard to pay for his son's marriage, house and everything in the past and the only reward he got was to be kicked out of that house by his son. He now rented a room with his wife who got high blood pressure. So his income was spent to pay for the room rental, their daily necessity and his wife's medicine. He owed the cab company 200 plus dollar last month and he still couldn't fork out enough money to pay for that debt.

He sounded very bitter when he talked about his son but never did he curse his son. I could feel that he loved his son very much, his only son after all. He said that he used to live with his mom till she died at the age of 93. So he couldn't understand why he was treated this way by his son. It might be his retribution for whatever he did in the previous life, he said.

As I listened to his grumbling, I could vaguely hear a voice inside me telling me "this is the plan, this is why you overslept today". So he is the reason. Oh goodness.. I never had the courage to do such thing, to preach to someone else, especially stranger. So I was struggling inside, thinking of whether I should talk to him.

He continued his grumbling. I continued my struggle.

Finally I opened my mouth, and I said. "So. are you a budhist?" Oh no.. what kind of question was that @@

But God being God.. even the most irrelevant question turned into the best question I could ever ask. So he said that he was a freethinker. He said that his friends often asked him to convert to christianity. They even asked a pastor to call him and tried to convince him. They talked for 2 hours and he said to the pastor "you want me to be christian, fine. you said that your Father is rich and can do miracle right. So let me see the miracle first and I will be christian." That's how the conversation ended, he said.

He did the preaching for me @_@

I didn't know what to say so I only said that actually he had to believe first before the miracle would come. Surprisingly he acknowledged that. But he said he didn't have time for all this churchie thingy because of his work. He works 13 hours a day, from 1 AM to 2 PM. So he seemed to open up a lil bit. Up to this point, I have never ever mentioned anything about God. I just couldn't think of anything to say.

We finally reached my office and he apologised to me that I had to listen to all his grumbling. I finally made up my mind that I would pray for him so I said. "I am not going to preach to you but can I pray for you?" He seemed so happy and he gave me the green light.

I held my nerve and for the first time, I prayed for a taxi driver heh. And as I started I realised that I didn't know his name and I didn't know how to address him. Too late, he was already in the classic praying pose. So I couldn't ask him :( I was so nervous that I am afraid he didn't understand what I was talking about at times. But as I closed my prayer I could see that his eyes were saying 'thank you'. That alone is enough for me. I screwed it up but I can only ask God to do the rest, the finishing touch. Maybe today, tomorrow, or one year after he will decide to give God a try and come to know that God has loved him all along.

It may be a small event for many but for me, this was the first time I had the courage to do such thing. To share a lil bit of God's love to the strangers who are never stranger in His eyes. And I would never meet him if I didn't oversleep.

So now we know that God works in and through all things for our goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-