Skip to main content

The Rarest Type

Faithful friends are hard to find.
Those who would stay by your side, and would encourage you and give you advices. They are precious.

But do you know which type of friend is the hardest to find?
It's the type that could understand your point of view, the type that has the wisdom to understand what you are all about. This is the rarest type but it's really important to have one.
And one is more than enough.

Because many of your friends.. they thought they were on your side.. they thought they were doing you favor. But judge you they did. They decide what is right or wrong for you. They change you. They take away your originality. They killed off your belief. They turn you into one of them.

It's not their fault of course. Because they really meant well. Job's friends meant well when they came over to console him. They had wanted to encourage him, to give him some good advices. But they ended up confusing him so much so that he lost his initial conviction. And they were supposedly his best friends.

The thing is.. you would never shine as bright anymore. You are no longer you.

It's nobody's fault but it's a decision to make.

You can submit to them and all are happy. Everything works and the world is merry.

Or you can choose the road less travelled.

I guess not everyone would understand what I am talking about. All the more not everyone would agree.

But it's not about me trying to be different. It's about me acknowledging the fact. Everyone is unique but some people are just somewhat wired a lil bit more differently than the others. That's why you call them weirdos, freaks.. And these so-called weirdos can sometimes be totally nice people who don't go about harming and hurting people. That title can be easily earned by having a so-called 'strange' fashion sense, for example.

But who are you to claim that you are not? And who are you to claim that all weirdos are rightfully wrong?

Sigh..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-