Skip to main content

Work and Work

It was 10 PM, three of us were sitting there, inside the empty office.
And my senior, whom I thought was enjoying her job all this while, mumbled:
"I feel so tired.. yet I keep working. Sometimes I wonder; what am I doing here?"

To which I replied.. "Good question".. and we laughed.

It was unspoken.. but we both know.. our cheese is not here.
What I couldn't understand was that.. how did she survive her two years here?

Over the past two years, 9 out of 10 times she took MC, she would still come for work.

Maybe the pay was good. Maybe she needed that for her wedding.
But now that she was married.. and she had to keep her husband waiting for her till 10 PM to have dinner together.. she started asking that classic question.

I used to tell this to friends who work overtime, stay over at their office.. I used to tell them that it's not worth it.
My other senior colleague put it this way:
"You sacrifice your health for wealth, so that you can use your wealth to pay for your health".

Heh.. quite true sometimes.

But sometimes it's not about wealth.. It's just that you want to do well. You can't afford to flunk it, especially when your colleagues are all giving their best.

And sometimes.. you just can't afford to be without job. It's not 'wealth'.. it's about survival.
Just like my poor colleague who has been so stressed out with the job. She just couldn't afford to quit coz her dad passed away and her mum is jobless.

For me, it has been the case of "all of the above" applies.
Still I thank God that I am still getting my good share of sleeping hours heh. I can't function without proper sleep.

And thank God that besides all the things that happen.. the fact that I have been getting lots of scolding this week.. I still could leave the office today laughing at all these. Those people who scolded me.. they have really overestimated their job.

I was a bit down for a while but then I told myself.. it's just a job. It can never be too important.
This 26 years old man is relearning how to give thanks thru every situation.

Ops.. I am a MAN. @_@

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe hwaiting!
Anonymous said…
yeah. You are a man now ! :-)
^^ MaHaRaNi ^^ said…
Yeah..yeah...
pLease keep the smiLe aLL day..
Hahaha...
Aza aza fighting...
phoenix chix said…
hoho thanks thankss ^^

sorry.. can't help talking bout job =)

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-