Skip to main content

yeah..i'm back ^^

For some reasons, I ended up watching a movie I never planned to watch this weekend. It felt funny really.. going to the box office, getting the tics, and walking into the cinema hall- I did all those without feeling any excitement.. not a thing.

So it started with a trailer from "the pursuit of happiness".. a movie I intended to watch.
And the trailer had all those catchy lines that got you thinking "this gotta be a good movie!". My favorite line was of course this one: (taken from imdb)

Christopher Gardner (Will Smith): [to his son] You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.

And few minutes afterwards, the movie had started and I realised that I was watching Miss Potter.

That line, and Miss Potter.. and me. Is this a message for me?

I never liked Renee but I thought Miss Potter was a good movie.. one of the better ones. Maybe I am biased, knowing Beatrix Potter's profession and all. But you gotta love Katie Melua's "When you taught me how to dance", sang as the credit rolled.

I like the line Renee used at the beginning and towards the end of the movie. It's something like: "There is something delicious about writing the first few lines of a story. You never know where it will bring you." That is soo soo.. true.

<-------<

Haven't blogged on my trip back to Indo coz well.. it was so hectic that I couldn't think of one thing to say. Great and sinful food, hongbaos, lovely family, and well.. sorethroat.

Went to convocation for two days.. I still haven't found the reason why I was so motivated to join this year's convo but overall.. the event was great. though as rancu said.. it's a bit embarassing really.. that incident heh. The main event apart.. the convo did open my eyes to few things.. some are beautiful, some are pitiful. Nevermind =D

This time last year.. I was eagerly expecting my Japan trip.. no plan this year.. but China is tempting. 'fish liver oil' could be interested but not supposed to ask her either...

You know.. sometimes.. in love life and stuff.. it's better to overestimate yourself, at most you will be fooling yourself. The biggest mistake is to underestimate yourself.. coz you will risk hurting someone that way.

Now.. why am I interested in China?

Because Yangtze river.. the great river.. will be closed come 2008 or 2009 and you will not be able to sail down the river anymore. The river has some of the best scenery you could ever find and it has been the source of inspiration for many poets centuries ago. So.. you should consider going heh. And not just because of the great wall.. coz you will realise that it's nothing but erm... wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-