Skip to main content

Freedom

"I am William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen,
here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?"

"Two thousand against ten?" - the veteran shouted. "No! We will
run - and live!"

"Yes!" Wallace shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you
will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!"

*taken from brave heart- speech at Falkirk*

His countrymen would eventually fight the Falkirk war, and lost to the English.
Wallace's army lost the battle, lost their lives, but never their freedom.

Given chance to say his last word before he was prosecuted, Wallace shouted

"Freedooooommm!!!"

There is a price for freedom. A huge price. Sometimes the price is life itself.

And God paid the price with His beloved Son's life.

Without Him, we are simply slaves to our sins, to this world, and day by day we will simply be trying to make sense out of this life, trying to figure out where we are heading after life. And sadly, enslaved by our sins, we don't have many choices of destinations. For the cost of sin is death, the bible says.

But the cross has given us a freedom.
This freedom is a true freedom Wallace was fighting for.
It is not a financial freedom those bestsellers are selling to you.
Not a freedom from sickness, pain, trials, or even death.

It's a freedom above all these,
a freedom to choose where you will be at eternity.

It's not a freedom without dangers.
It's a freedom to fight,
and fight you will! knowing this..

you shall walk thru the valley of shadow of death,
but His rod and staff shall keep you safe.

you shall walk on the water,
but His hands shall uphold you.

you shall walk thru the fire,
but He will be there with you, and not even a single strand of your hair would be burnt.

The world has no way to contain you,
it has no way to make you bow before its vanity.

Because you are free!

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"- William Wallace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-