Skip to main content

Back to Alchemy

Attended a briefing session on trainee forex dealer program that was on the Classified job section two weeks ago.

They advertised the program like a proper trainee program but.. my skeptic side has suspected that it was another forex trading course, which is no different from those internet marketing courses I encountered back then.
And so it was.

Asked my friend who is in forex dealing department in a Japanese bank to give his comments. He thought the program was very good.
And the presentation was convincing.
I seriously think of joining.

But I have issues with few things. First and foremost- the fact that they are not being open with the fee that comes with the program. they advertised the stuff like a job opening whereas in fact.. they are looking for business. The way they trick people into coming to their presentation showed one thing: lack of integrity.

They may truly have competence and good track records but.. a teacher who lacks integrity can only produce a student who lacks integrity.

And the second problem is.. their ambiguous company. No office, no clear introduction of the who's who.. anyone with proper intelligence would doubt their credential.

And finally.. the law of alchemy- the equivalent sacrifice thingy.
that in order to create or gain something, you need to bring equal sacrifice as a trade-off.

More and more.. we are seeing ways that promise you way to become millionaires in short period. Stock, option, forex trading.. internet marketing.. MLM.. whatever.

But I have come to conclusion that in life.. it just doesn't work that way.

All those 'highways' requires sacrifice.. be it our time, sanity, or integrity- one way or another. If you want it fast, you gotta give more, lose more.

And at the end of the day.. we gotta decide what's the most important stuff we want to do.. and do it.

The guy who did presentation on the forex trading course said:
"master this skill.. earn good income.. and then decide what you want to do in life."

The biggest mistake in life.. the deferred life plan- as "the monk and the riddle" put it.

good income should never lead the life itself.
it should follow.. and never lead.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. - Psalm 23

Comments

vid, bagus banget tulisannya
phoenix chix said…
thank you bro for your generous compliment =)

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-