Skip to main content

I didn't know that..

Obama has actually been in charge for one year.. till I look at the newspaper today and saw a small headline that says so.
Has it been THAT long?

I also didn't know that there was this Andy Lau movie that was shot in Singapore. An old old movie that features Andy Lau, Alan Tam, Liang Jia Ren (those that knows HK movie will know that they are big names back then).. and there was Eric Tseng, who, during those days, used to be playing some goofy characters.

I randomly switched to Celestial channel today and I saw Andy Lau. So I stayed on. And then I saw the word 'Sentosa'.. then there was the island. then I saw cars and bikes crashing and exploding around City Hall and Raffles Place. They were having some scenes at Raffles Place MRT, Orchard MRT too..

Quite interesting.. looking at those familiar places.. in its 80s condition with its 80s style crowds.
Hm.. it has been THAT long..

From 80s to today
From 2008 to today..

We gain some..
and lose some.

There are some lost that we could recover, and we should..
but there are some that..
we just have to let the nature takes it course.

Nothing is too much to lose..
nothing is too much not to gain.
Apart from the life itself.

And life is worth living for.
Live by believing in all possibilities.

The other day I posted kong hee's sermon on dream at facebook
"that if it is your dream, you don't have to search around for it. it will find you instead".

Eka asked.. is it true.
My Raffles Hall senior (woah.. it's been THAT long.. 9 year!!).. thought it was a strange quote.

I think my senior misunderstood the point. He might think that Kong Hee was saying that you don't have to pursue your dream. Which he wasn't.. for sure.

I thought what he meant was that.. you don't have to sit down and brainstorm to logically deduce the answer to the question: "what is my dream"
In fact.. don't. Don't make up your dream that way.

Instead.. that dream.. being so uniquely attached to you and you alone.. will somehow find and capture your obsession.

Like how it did to Martin Luther King, Gandhi.. and the rest of them.

I imagine that.. for us who are still asking this question..
as we strive to live this life meaningfully.. as we open up ourselves to possibilities and adventure..
we will one day stand at that very place.. where our eyes shall be opened.. and we shall see before us..
the very dream we have been talking and writing about.

Well.. I dunno ;)

I only know that..
We are not there yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-