Skip to main content

What I am Reading Now..

It feels weird today. It's Saturday. But I have no viewing to arrange.
Yet I am setting myself minimal of three cases to close this month.
Mm.. reasonable?
Well.. God-able.

Rite.. I am going to give you some insight on a book that I borrowed from Darvin.

It's titled "Speed of Trust", by Stephen M. R. Covey
Written by the son of the legendary writer who wrote the "Seven Habits" book.
All decent man and woman should at least have heard of the legendary book.

Never read that legendary book.. but Speed of Trust is a very good book that..
to certain extent.. it impacts me the way "Wild at Heart" did two years ago.

Basically this book speaks of the importance of "trust" element in our lives, our organisation, business. because all these.. are in essence.. relationships.

Well.. at personal level.. this book impacts me so much because.. being in my job.. being myself character-wise.. I seriously need to relearn the way of..
completely trusting myself..
and having trusted myself..
learn to extend that trust to others..
and gain others' trust in return.

Many of us tend to think that trust is something that either exists or it does not exist. There is nothing you can do about.
You either trust that person or you don't.
But this book is showing us.. how trust can actually be built, or rebuilt. And how tangibly trust could improve our rate of success in every aspect of life.

Trust.. Covey argues.. Increase Speed and Reduce Cost.
And nothing.. is quite as fast.. as the speed of trust- as one thing that changes everything.

Being written by the son of that Seven Habits author,
this book also makes me realise how far I am.. habit and attitude wise..
from the habit and attitude of the "highly successful people". Oh gosh..

It's okay..
Being aware of all these is the first step.

All in all.. I think this book is worth reading, irregardless of your background

Comments

i met the author and got the book signed by him...but i have not read the book yet ..:)
maybe only first chapter...
phoenix chix said…
wow... you met the author?
how does he look bro?

well. much of the things mentioned in the book is what we already know sih.. but it's a good reminder for many of us =)

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-