Skip to main content

#RememberingLKY

Phew.. let's try blogging with apps.

There are two major camps on fb now.
The first one (and thankfully the more dominant one in my circle) is the one that eulogise Lee Kuan Yew with their personal testimony or by sharing some positive articles on LKY.

Now.. I do feel that sometimes the praises can get a little bit too much.
Make me shiver a bit.
And the TVs are going all out on showing and repeating his PAP campaign speeches.

Seriously media guys.. I get it that this may be effective campaign but I would appreciate some sensibility here during such mourning period.

I am more in the group that admire him for his great leadership and thank him for his cabinet policies that have helped created such a great nation. And yes.. the govt scholarship was the thing that enabled me to study and live here.
For that.. I am selfishly and eternally grateful.

As for the second camp. Well.. I feel sorry for them.
They actively share articles that criticise LKY in their attempt to make the whole world realise that LKY is not as great as he seemed to be.

Ok.. so LKY isn't the founding father of Singapore (yes he isn't. Even Sir Stamford Raffles is not).
And by 1965 Singapore was no longer a village. (many ppl blindly quote statement that say LKY led Singapore from a fishing village to a first world country)
LKY didn't start from scratch.
Fine.
And he did a lot of bad things. (Even the man himself admitted! )
I agree with that.

But just a simple question here to this 2nd camp (mostly Singaporean),

Do you think this guy has done a great job as far as the welfare of Singapore is concerned?
No? Really? NO? Okayy...

Do you think his opposition,  or maybe you, could have done a better job? Given the opportunity?
Yes? Wow.. okay..

Well.. even if you think he didnt do a great job, he has certainly worked very, very hard.
And all your neighbors far and near, leaders and commoners, certainly think so.
All they all under some bloody powerful genjutsu?

Now.. you are entitled to your opinion.
Even if that shows how spoilt you have been.

But when such a person pass away, I just don't understand why you can't at least show some respect by keeping quiet if you have nothing good to say.

Not happy then next year election make some noise. His son would be there to take you on.

Because your sad act of criticism towards an old man who just passed away.. rather than showing us what a bad ass LKY actually is, it tells us what a sore ass (is that such a phrase?) you are.

But this LKY is rather formidable isn't he?
You may love him or hate him.
But you will always remember him.
Such is his legacy.

Ok lah ah gong... next post I talk about you on personal level.

See you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-