Skip to main content

How to get a free cab ride

My working spirit is at all time low, and this stupid objective-C language give me all kind of headache just because it doesn't discard all the objects it uses automatically. God bless anyone who came up with garbage collector for Java. Heck I don't care about efficiency and performance, I just need to get my project done and DONE. Oh gosh..

Anyway, I was looking for a cab the other day when I saw this Indian couple fighting, or quarelling, as they were about to get on a cab. They kept quarelling and never got into the cab. So I just walked there and took the cab. The cabbie uncle complained about the Indian and I told him that at least they didn't get into the cab and fight inside his car.

He laughed and told me that it was one of the Indian tricks for free ride. Not that all Indians are like that. But these tricks are used by Indians passengers and not, or almost never, other kind of people in Singapore. Please keep that in mind. It's just a story a cabbie told me and by no means it's guaranteed to be accurate whatsoever. Take it with a pinch of salt.

So the idea is that the couple would quarrel a bit as they got into the cab. Then they would stop and say nothing throughout the journey. As they are about to reach the destination, they would start quarelling again. When the cab stop, they would reach the climax and as it gets tense, the girl will just walk out and slam the door. The guy would show that he is angry or whatever, and tell the cabbie to wait as he chases the girl. Amidst this kind of heated situation, of course most cabbies would hesitate to interupt any of them as they don't want to be involved in any kind of fight. And as for the couple, of course none of them would return to pay for the cab fare.

Another trick is the one used by old Indian ladies. The old lady would get into the cab and after a few minutes, would start sobbing and telling the cabbie her 'sad stories'. All kind of story. The ingrateful sons, the jerky husbands, whatever. And as they reaches the destination, the lady would tell the cabbie to wait as she needs to get the money from her house. Of course by that time, she would have made herself looked like the most unfortunate creature in the whole island that the cabbie just couldn't bring himself to do anything other than wait for the lady to return with the money. Obviously she is gone for good.

The cabbie said that although they knew the tricks, sometimes they just couldn't do anything about it. They can only blame their own luck.

Comments

Anonymous said…
faggggggggg
Anonymous said…
As an Indianapolis taxi driver I will say that there are times that u get beat. If they don't have the money u just can't make it appear. Calling the police and notifying dispatch and filing reports and debating about the horrible situation doesn't make you any money. Sometimes going on to the next run is the best thing. Though if I think I can get money out of them or someone they know, I have my ways of getting it. The costumers don't like them to much. If someone tried to screw me on purpose and I know there's no money to get out of them, give them the "10 mile" treatment.I'll accept a run on the other side of town where they want to goand take them along with me to go pick up that run and drop them off on the other side of town and I'm picking up the new Run.

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-