Skip to main content

the man after God's own heart

finally got to start reading Max Lucado's book on David, thanks to KON for lending me.

i am inspired by ko harun's habit of reading book for one and half hour everyday.
well half an hour is good enough for me =)

the book begins with question that startles me, bringing me back to the point i have often forgotten.
why is david, a man with so many flaws, is the only one in the entire bible, called as the man after God's own heart. and Christ, of all possibilities, was called the Son of David. what an honor..

it brings consolation to the tired Christians who may wonder if they have done enough in church ministries, if they have passed the 'holiness benchmark'.

the fact is.. God looks not at what is visible outside.. He examines heart.
and in david, He found a heart that was ever longing for His heart.

i read today in newspaper that New Creation Church's business arm, called 'Rock Foundation' i think, upped their investment stake to a staggering figure of $500 million for their entertainment and cultural centre project at One North, Buona Vista. The artist impression of the building was impressive.

but interestingly.. what matters to God in the end is not the scale and impact this project has.. but the hearts of these people who build this building.
whether there is God's kingdom in their heart, or tower of babel.

and just like 3000 years ago.. you could be surprised that God may find His chosen man, the one after His own heart, not in the midst of all these mega projects and mega churches, but somewhere in the alley of Geylang, ministering to the outcasts and rejects.

my bro bought a book called the last lecture, it asks 'if you know that you are going to die today and you gonna have your last lecture, what will you say?' something like that.

if i am gonna have my last words with all our cellgroup member.. i will probably tell you all to remember that your heart matters the most to God..
ur ministries, church leaderships, talents.. these are things that matter more to men but to God.. its ur heart.

love Him.. really love Him with all your heart. till it hurts.. it hurts when you can't feel His presence, it hurts when you can't listen to His voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-