Skip to main content

Untitled #7

Early morning. Third month. Spring.

I was not in hurry. Spring is not the season to be in rush. I always have time for the comforting breeze that caress my face. Do you know that spring’s breeze smells the best? It smells of life.

“You are too slow you know..”, a gentle voice brought me back. Leah was walking by my side.

“Never been fast enough, have I?” I smiled apologetically.

She laughed. “If you remain this way, I am afraid even a snail like me would leave you behind.”

Leah had always been a friend who adjusted to my pace, silently, constantly. Maybe both of us have never been too fond of fast pace after all.

“Leah.. are you happy?”

She seemed surprised that I asked her such a strange question. But with her warmest smile she replied instantly,” Yes, snail boy. I am happy.”

“Do you think we can be hurt and at the same time, be happy?”

“I think that we can find happiness even in tears”, she replied.

“But it’s not easy Leah..”

“Of course it isn’t. That’s why I am here to teach you!” she giggled.

There was something melancholic about her smiles and giggles, something painfully beautiful. I used to think that she lacked the spark and beauty that would attract men. But if you were to spend time appreciating her, you would realize that she was somewhat like a pale white cherry blossom that gives out that unique, comforting sensation.

“Do you still remember the game we used to play back then?” I asked her as we went pass that familiar playground.

Leah blushed as her gaze shifted to that playground. She said softly, “I don’t care about you all, but I will be the first wife.”

I couldn’t help laughing as I remember this. Every time I became the king, Leah would insist that she become the first wife.

“Tell me Leah.. what is so wonderful about being the first wife?”

She pondered for a while before replying, “ I think.. Well I used to think that being the first wife means you will be loved the most. I thought that was happiness.”

She continued, “But now I know that I was wrong.”

“To be loved the most, isn’t that happiness?”

“Not really.. especially if the person in question is a helpless jerk like you,” she laughed as she lifted her head towards the sky.

I followed her, “Anything special on the sky?”

She nodded as she replied,” Two wonderful things.”

“Oh? What are they?”

“There is God up there. Now.. to know that you are so much loved by Him IS happiness. This is the first.”

She had really changed. Leah had grown up so much that I think she had really left me behind.

“Do you know what the second wonderful thing is?” she asked while still looking up.

“I think.. it’s the clouds”, I replied gently.

“Why?”

“Because.. they won’t tell me that they saw your tears.”

And they won’t tell you that they saw my tears as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-