Skip to main content

Born Evil

Was chatting with Ica.. we were discussing Goong. Nice and funny drama =) So much like fullhouse. Thankss lin for burning the dvd, Chae-gyung really bright up my days ^^ I said that I like Hyorin, that I would prefer to date the elegant Hyorin but will choose to end up marrying the kind and clumsy Chae-gyung =D But she said that Hyorin was kinda evil.

And we end up discussing whether people are born evil or good. Some people believe that no one is evil. Maybe by believing so, we can safely say that we ourselves are not evil, basically. But I choose to believe that we are born with instinct to be evil, we are a slave to that instinct. Ultimately we are born with sin and sinful desire. Kids learn to lie and to be jealous, even if no one teach them to do so. That was why there is this verse in the bible that said "what I want to do I never do, what I don't want to do I do", something like that. As much as we want to be good, we often give up and choose the dark path.

And when we grow up, it got even worse. You see.. almost no one really believe that he is evil, that he is bad. Even when he admit that he is evil, he does that with belief that his evilness has reasons, some reasons that he believe justify his actions. Some people even believe that he is being evil because it's cool. For whatever reason, almost no one believe that there is something wrong with him.

But I guess that's where God comes to play. If you ask those who are now Christians, many of them would tell you that there was this moment when they just realised how bad they were and that they need forgiveness. It's not something you can explain logically. That thought and revelation just occured. And they eventually encountered God who is the only one who can forgive them and set them free.

Then there are some who live decent life but they would tell you that there was this moment when they realised that there was this emptiness in them that they could never fill, no matter what achievement they have gotten, no matter how many good deeds they have in the record. All the same, they came to encounter God and find that missing piece. Again, you can never explain this logically.

I like the saying by C.S. Lewis which was quoted by the preacher last Sunday, I don't remember the exact quote but it's something like this
"If I find out that there is a part in me which can never be satisfied by anything there is in this world, then the most likely explanation is that I am not of this world"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-