Skip to main content

Our Little World

I was thinking, maybe it's important, though it's not a must, that a person is able to understand and to a certain degree, appreciate the world of his/her soulmate and how things work in that world.

That is not to say that you have to marry the person with similar trait, job, nationality etc.. but I guess it's important that no matter how different we are, we can sort of learn to love our partner's world. That we can see the beauty of their world.

To begin with the most basic thing, I think it helps a whole lot that you can understand your partner's sense of humour, that you can laugh along. Trivial as it seems.. laughter is very important in a house. Can you imagine marrying someone whose humour turns you off everytime? I dunno.. that just doesn't feel right to me. Okay maybe that can be solved by telling your partner to stop trying to be funny heh.

I think it's also important that you can appreciate your partner's talent or hobby. I mean.. a footballer doesn't have to marry another footballer but the fact that your partner know how to appreciate your work will help in motivating you to get even better. People find their value in producing something using their talent. And ultimately they would love to share the joy with their loved one. They would love to hear some sincere praises or opinion from the ones who matter most.

Onto a more serious point, it's crucial that both worlds, your and your partner's one, are heading towards the same end. It's about aligning the goal and unless that can be achieved, I see little point of continuing. You don't have to have exactly the same goal but if let say I am now working my way to be godfather of the underworld and I am marrying an evangelist then that wouldn't bode well. Probably that's why it's important to marry someone with similar 'religion', to marry someone who would say that "your God is my God, your people is my people."

Oh I dunno what I am talking bout now ^^

Maybe it all began with me and my idle brain contemplating on how I should describe myself and the partner I am looking for, if I were to post a 'seeking partner' advert. Hey.. who knows.. 30 something and still single, you may end up putting up such ad for your parent's sake ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-