Skip to main content

Mary

Now that Bro Wanderer commenting that my previous entry was kinda harsh.. I think maybe I went over the top somewhat. Maybe because it was the topic that was close to my heart. If ever you feel that I was being harsh with women in my writing, you might have missed out the main point I was making, that we, men, are the main culprit. I was actually being harsh with men, being harsh with myself. And you might have forgotten that the only reason I got angry was the poor fate of the wife. And it frustated me because I simply don't want to hurt my future wife..

I did say that women are the true expert in lying. But that is not to say that all women love to lie. Just that they are better at that. I said that women don't go by rules. This one.. you have to accept haha. Have you ever seen girls fight?

In any case, it's not good to strereotype. So let's just scrap those theories altogether =) I don't plan to promote them anyway. It's just based on what I have seen and experienced and may not be the reflection of the common situation.

bro Wanderer asked me another question. 'So would you accept Mary?'
(I initially addressed her Mary Magdalene. Thanks to my secret reader who pointed out that Mary Magdalene was another person. So..)
So there is this woman who washed Jesus' feet before His death.. was said to be a prostitute and initially I thought she was named Mary. But I don't want to take the risk of misleading anyone so let's name her Mary for the moment heh =D

I remember one day a girl came to my cellgroup. That day we took turn to share our experience with regards to God's kindness. When it was her turn, she said "Not me.. I am a sinner". My heart was deeply touched upon hearing her answer.

I roughly know the way she lives but are we not the same? Each of us in the cellgroup that day was a sinner, yet none of us spoke out. And therefore she gained my compassion and respect. That is the heart of Mary. (she is NOT a prostitute, of course)

Who says that prostitutes are all bad people? They also want to find love, happiness, hope. Did Mary not save her money for her marriage? They are pitiful, really. And they never try to look noble and righteous anyway

Therefore, when someone with dark past decide to repent and commit her life to God the way Mary did.. I think she is even more beautiful than anything I could ever think of. For she understands mercy and grace better than anyone does.

The answer is, therefore, Yes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Though this is not directly related to the main issue...just want to drop some interesting truth which is found in the Bible :

Mark 16:9, Luke 8:2...Mary Magdalene is the one who once had seven demons in her.

Matthew 26:6-13, Mark 14:3-9, Luke 7:36-50... the woman's name who anointed Jesus is not mentioned, but in John 12:1-8 it is mentioned that the woman who anointed Jesus is Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus. It's NOT Mary Magdalene.

Until now, nowhere in the Bible that I've read ever stated or implied that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. So?

God bless you,

Your secret blog reader :D

Btw...been reading your blog all this time and blessed by some of your writings...keep on writing and serve the Lord!
phoenix chix said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
phoenix chix said…
Ups.. my mistake then =) My deepest apology to Mary Magdalene. So many Marys @_@ confusing..

Hm.. anyway.. so is the prostitute who annointed Jesus named Mary? Haha.. I am confused here but I believe bro Wanderer was refering to that particular woman, and for convenience sake, let's name her Mary LOL =P

Yes yes.. will definitely clarify this when I meet Him.
phoenix chix said…
And thank you for pointing out ^^ Glad that this blog can be a blessing =)

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-