Skip to main content

Warning: Mature content

All credit to fastclock who translated one of Gu Long's novel, Jiu Ye Ying Fei (Flying eagles in the ninth month) here

I only help to promote the novel here in case someone cares to read. Coz I find the story beautiful. And this chapter in particular is beautiful. Rated: M18 (some sexual reference ^^)

Chapter 22: Four great princes


The night grew deeper as the light became dimmer.
There were only a few stars here and there.
Under the dim star light, the shadow of the person ahead seemed to glimmer in the distance.

Although she pursued quickly, this person was actually quicker.
By the time she went through the window, this person had moved away by ten meters.
But she certainly did not want to give up, she knew perfectly well that she could not force this person to stop but she must pursue him anyway.
She used her whole strength to move forward.

The distant place was darker, and nothing clear could be seen.
In the intersection there was an ancient oak building with a single burning lamp.
There were many such buildings in this ancient Chang An city, worn-out, desolate, with nobody.

She suddenly stopped and shouted loudly!
"Ye Kai, I know it was you, I know that you have not walked far, and you certainly can hear me speak."

In the lonesome darkness there was no response, only some branches sighing in the cold wind.

"Even if you do not want to see me, you should listen to me."

She bit her lips and restrained her tears from falling.
"I have not apologized to you... if you do not want to say goodbye to me, I will not blame you... But I will die .... !"

She suddenly rip the front of her clothes, revealing the naked chest.
In such darkness, her chest was like sending a satiny light, even in the cold wind.
Her body started to tremble uncontrollably.

"I know that perhaps you will not believe me, I know... But you can see that I will actually die in front of you!"

She stretched out the shivering hand, took out the eight inches long golden hairpin, and with her whole strength, thrust it towards her own chest.

She really wanted to die!

For her, there was really nothing in this world that she was reluctant to part with. Her family had met with a disastrous incident, brother and sister had fallen and faded away, there was only one person that she could rely on in this world.

She had determined to spend her lifetime with this person, but at present this person did not even want to say goodbye to her.

The golden hairpin pricked her chest, the blood splashed.

At this moment, a flit of the shadow jump away from the darkness and stopped her hand from continuing.

"Ting", the golden hairpin fell in the ridge. The bright red blood had flowed on the fair chest.

She finally saw this person, the cause of her worry, the unforgettable no-matter-how-hard-you-try person.

She finally saw Ye Kai.

The dim night was still very chilly, as the dim star light shone on Ye Kai’s face.
He looked like his usual appearance, the bright eyes, his smile.

But if you looked carefully, you could discover that his eyes shone only because of the tears. Although he was smiling, the smiling face was actually filled with misery and sadness.

"You should not have done that," he gently sighed, "Why do you have to injure yourself?"

Ding LingLin looked at him like crazy, her whole appearance seemed to have become uncontrollable.
... Why did the heaven have to set up this goodbye? Why?

Ye Kai obviously also tried hard to control himself, "I know you feel sorry for me, you do not need to apologize, I am the one who should."

"You... "

Ye Kai did not let her continue, "You do not need to say anything, I already know."

"You... You really know?"

Ye Kai nodded, low-spiritedly he said, "If I were you, I would certainly do the same thing that you do. Guo Ding is a fine young man who has a bright future, moreover he is a very good person. You certainly cannot just look at him dying in front of you because he has saved you."

Ding LingLin’s tears gushed out, "But I... "

"You are a very good girl, therefore you know what you have to do, and you cannot let Guo Ding’s hope disappear." Ye Kai sighed, "If a person no longer wants to live, there is absolutely no one in the world who can save him, even Ge Bing cannot do it."

Indeed he understood Guo Ding, understood her intention.
There was nothing more precious in the world than this kind of sympathy and understanding.

Ding LingLin was like a child who had received some injustice and had to suffer through it. She threw herself in his bosom, loudly weeping bitterly.

Ye Kai let her cry.
Crying was also a way to vent the frustration. He hoped that the sorrow and the grief in her heart could flow out along with her tears.

But what about him?

He could not cry, even a few silent tears would not be good at all. He knew that between the two of them, there must be someone who was strong, and he certainly wanted to be the strong one. No matter how big was the grief and the sorrow, he certainly felt he could bury them in his heart.

With the gritted, clenched teeth, he could endure them.

*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-