Skip to main content

Smell of Rain

I made a brief mention regarding Smell of Rain, a local production. You can go to moviexclusive.com to check out some interview and review on the movie which was given 4 stars there. They earned 4 stars not because of the quality of the movie but because you can 'smeel' their honesty and sincerity in producing the movie. I found that description rather surreal considering today's world. It's all about money, ask Chelsea!

But I check out their main website here
And I do find that sincerity, I guess. The director took 10 years to accumulate the needed 150,000$ fund to produce the movie of her dream. It's only fitting, therefore, that the movie talks about hope and courage. Do I have the courage to pursue a dream that will take 10 years to accomplish? That woman did not even know if she would ever get to produce the movie 10 years ago. But she lived her dream and she made it. Ah.. amazing people.

moviexclusive.com has this to say:
In fact, this 92-minute movie is filled with voiceovers, and feature many silent scenes. The affecting opening voiceover by Xiao Qi (the main character) justifies this mood, and sets the record straight by telling audiences that “people often talk too much, and they do not mean what they say most of the time anyway”

Love that comment. The most important things are often left unspoken.

There are those moment when you neither see nor hear a single thing about God but you can sort of sense God. Smell of Rain is one of these moments.

Rain.. isn't it amazing?
Watching the pouring rain,
Listening to the melodious raindrop,
Smelling its unique scent,
And finally, standing right under the big blue sky, feeling that sensation as the rain fall on you, caressing you from head to toe.

Few things are better than such experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-