Skip to main content

Untitled #4

Closing of Untitled #3

============================

Devil Peak. Dusk.

Red sky. Red earth.

Broken swords. Dead bodies.

Void of life. Overwhelming emotion.

No one could ever describe the greatness of the battle that has taken place. No one has ever seen such battle, and there will never be another battle of this kind in the world.

Two persons stand side by side. As if they have nothing to do with everything that has happened. As if they have nothing to do with anything that happens in this world.

Their whole bodies are battered, terribly. But their eyes.. not even the morning star could compare to these eyes. The vivacity, the passion. Just like the eyes of the little kids who are yet to understand any wordly matter. Free of hatred, full of hope.

"I finally understood", the woman breaks the silence.

"What did you understand?" the man asks.

"That life can be beautiful", she smiles.

He looks at her intently. And he has to agree, he speaks gently, "Life can really be beautiful".

She is extremely beautiful. Anyone who could witness such beauty would understand why even a hero would choose beauty over country. Anyone who has the luck to see her beautiful smile would have to agree that this life can really be beautiful. Yet she would only smile this way in front of one person.

"I finally understood", now the man speaks.

"And what did you understand?"

"That I have been really fortunate."

The woman sighs upon hearing his answer. She really doesn't know whether he has been fortunate. She only knows that she has been the most fortunate woman in the world.

"One would consider himself extremely unlucky should he has any slightest thing to do with the Three Eternal Devils. Yet you.." she couldn't continue. There is a deep regret in her eyes.

"Yet I have fallen in love with one of the Devils", The man laughs.

"You found out today that I was one of the Three Devils. You know now that everything was planned from the start. And you.."

"I only know that your feeling for me was true, and it was not planned."

"What if you were wrong? What if I turned against you?"

He seems to ponder for a while. He simply could not imagine fighting her.

"Then I will be the biggest fool in this world", he finally replies.

She couldn't help scolding, "You are really a fool".

Even though she calls her a fool, her eyes are full of gratitude and love.

Holding her hands, he says softly,"Still you have fallen in love with this fool."

That pair of hands were used to holding weapons. These hands have been through hundreds of battles. But today, these hands have found their eternal home.

And what of her? This woman who is no different from a young maiden hypnotized by her first love. Who would have thought that she was one of the most feared leaders of Devil Peak?

Resting her head on his shoulder, she seems to have found the safest spot on earth. "Everyone want to be together with their loved ones till their old days, till their hair turns white. Yet I would think that God is already too generous should we live till dawn."

He shakes his head, replying "If one could love completely and be loved completely, if one could experience this kind of love we are living, there is no difference whether he die now or a hundred years later."

He continues, "Those people want to live till their old days simply because they are yet to understand that love is neither power nor wealth. Power and wealth will not bring you satisfaction unless you live long enough to use it. But love is different."

She nods her head, she understands this too.

"Therefore God has really been kind to us", she concludes.

"Mm.. Now I only hope that there will never be any reincarnation"

"Why?"

"Because this is exactly how I want to remember my life". He kisses her gently.

She returns him with her sweetest smile, blushing like a little girl in love. Closing her eyes, she sinks into his warm embrace, whispering, "And this is exactly how I want to remember my death."

It's silence once more.

They ceases to move.

They refuses to be apart.

Snow starts to fall.

Time seems to stop.

Dawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-