Skip to main content

Best Place

Sometimes ago I watched an anime, where there is one funny character, who has always been on the search for the 'best place'. A place where he can live in peace and be happy.

I thought I have found such place. A very nice place where I could seek refuge and find great companions. I thought so because the master of that place is indeed the best and the only refuge you could count on. So I thought the place must be the best place.

I saw the old residents of the place; they looked happy and strongly bonded. I was never good at blending in but well, this place should be different. So I gave it a try.

Time flew. Some of the old residents are now gone. Some of the newer residents have become as happy as the old residents I first saw. I am neither out nor in. Some residents are really nice; just like the master. But like every other place, a person like me would encounter some people who would give me those unfriendly stare, those 'you are good for nothing' stare.

Well what can I say? I am indeed not as good as some of the residents. I am not that friendly to the newer residents. I don't hang out with the residents much. I only try to give my help with what I believe I can be of help whenever there is chance. But apparently that wasn't enough.

I saw some of the residents who could not blend in and they walked away. They blamed the other residents for being not good enough. But the master have accepted all of us without asking. He accepts the good and the not so good.

And it so happens that I am the not so good. So I learn to accept all those unfriendly stare. After all, some of the residents are really nice. And the master, ah.. he is never less than amazing.

Actualy the master has also entrusted me to an elder who is also nice. And the elder has entrusted me some responsibilities I enjoy doing. But these responsibilities are also the source of some of my heartaches.

I owe the master a lot. And I owe many of the residents a lot. Even if some of them hurt me, I think that is just life. That place is just like any other place on earth. I learn to understand that you can never expect that place to be as good as heaven.

Sometimes I just wish leave that place and vanish. I am tired of the expectations and demand. I am tired of being asked to be someone else. I am tired of following rules the master never set himself.

But I will only do so if that is the master's wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-