Skip to main content

Nihon no kanojo

Would record down my day by day travel story somewhere else, hey I got to make use of blogspot unlimited blog ^^

Maybe it's this hard to part with Japan coz I have been wanting to go there for as long as I can remember. And I just love their culture there. It's sad that the young people there, especially in Tokyo, they are just so vain. But their traditional culture is smashing.

I love going to onsen soo much. I love how they serve the dishes in small plates. I love the way they greet every customer with enthusiasm, unlike those Sakae Sushi employees here who just shout "irasaimase" with no respect whatsoever. I love to see that they carry out their job with total devotion. In Japan foods are expensive often because of two things, the excellent service and the beautiful packaging.

It is no secret that I also like japanese girls. Nihon no kanojo. But there is a misconception among my friends that all I like about Japanese is the girls. Girls are girls. What makes me like Japanese girls is the Japanese culture that I have come to love ever since I know how to talk.

Anyway, here's the thing about pretty Japanese girls who live in big cities
1. You need money, lotsa money, to convince them.
2. They like western, the black, and their fellow Japanese.
3. If you are a Chinese, you better be Singaporean coz they rate Singaporean.
4. Generally, they like guys with dark skin.

So I'm not qualified ^^

Of course there is always exception, but these rules hold true for a great portion of them. Not to say that they can't become good wives. In fact they can be good wives. They are not carier oriented. They want to be housewives who make sure that you won't find dust anywhere in your house and they would take great care of their children. I was quite surprised upon seeing so many mothers who took their children to places like Universal Studio or Disneyland. The fathers are nowhere to be found.

One scene I would never forget was that of a couple who are in their 30s; they walk alongside the river in front of my Osaka hotel. The woman would walk behind the man and whenever the man stopped, she would stop. The man took one step and the woman would do the same. I was amused. Of course the younger generation no longer follow this tradition but all in all, the girls there still believe that they are to serve the men. Just like the Vietnamese girls.

Smoke and virginity are two things that Japanese don't really put emphasis on, sadly. It is all too common to see girls smoking. And Tokyo's girls, making love is part of date for them. Sad huh? That's the society they are living in.

So did I meet an interesting Japanese girl worth mentioning?

Yes. One person. Only one. We were staying at Takayama hotel that night. Takayama is a resort place on a mountain. We met her when we visited the store at the hotel's first floor. She is unlike the city Japanese girls with all their makeup. She doesn't have that kawaii feature in her. She is just simple and sweet.

We decided to buy something and took the chance to talk to her. And took a pic some more! Then the store owner came and she told us that this girl, Keiko, is parttiming there while working hard to graduate from a very famous university at Kyoto. She kept promoting Keiko to us, saying that the girl is very hardworking. Keiko was blushing and kept lowering her head, all the more she looked so Japanese.

Almost wanted to give her my contact haha. I was seriously pondering for quite a while and for a reason, I decided not to.

And that night I prayed one of the most bizarre prayers I have ever had =P I said:
"God, it seems that these people and culture I have come to love ever since I was small are crooked. They don't acknowledge you and they live in such a perverted way. But if I, by faith, ask of You, to prepare a woman of God from among them for me. I just wonder, would you listen? Can I ask for that?"

I is crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yasuko to Kenji

Watched till the 8th episode, and each episode always has its touching moments, as well as silly moments. Not a spectacular drama, but a good one for sure. And the guy is a mangaka... oh no.. the dream that was buried long time ago... Go to mysoju.com if you'd like to watch. Amagasa - Yasuko to Kenji OST, by Tokio soo ka.... Tokio also sang My boss My hero's OST, Sorafune I think i like this band

journal: a little update

wow I am actually back to this blog. between Apr 27 2018 and now.. what has happened? I officially proposed to my girlfriend (wah.. trust me you gonna miss that word), got married, and.. became a dad. yeah.. all in a matter of less than 2 years. now when you consider the fact that in 2015 I would not have the slightest idea how things would turn out, it just goes to show how life changes in a blink. How is married life? Well.. I am one of those who has pretty pragmatic view when it comes to marriage. I have seen enough to know that relationship is messy. So.. I must say marriage has been way way better than my expectation hah.. For example.. I knew that my wife is a smart woman. I knew some of her shortcoming too.. (and there are some I didn't know till we got married, of course) BUT... here's the big bonus. I didn't know she can be that adorably funny in her own way. Not funny like a standup comedian funny but.. you know.. she makes me laugh. Trust me.

Hmm..

si mahasiswa NTU yg bunuh diri itu denger2 namanya david. sigh.. mgkn final year presssure was too much to him. jadi inget masa2 kerjain final year project, tinggal 3 bulan dan gua maseh blank. untung ngga masuk berita ky dia. life is a funny thing. well since there is a chance that this may not be a simple suicide, lets not assume so. maybe there's a truth behind this. duh.. jd inget kalo di conan trus dia bilank, "ini bukan bunuh diri.. ini adalah kasus pembunuhan!" jadi serasa mao jadi detektip -_-